Saturday, May 15, 2010

Dear Diary, (If I had one)

If I kept a diary, which I don't, this would be today's entry:

Dear Diary,
I started the day by feeding Levi at 4:30am and then promptly sleeping through my alarm at 5:35am...
Got up at 5:50am and got myself ready to go in the amount of time Christ got herself and 4 girls ready...I have some work to do...
Went garage saling (I don't know how to spell that word and since it's my diary, I don't care) with Christi and the girls for 6 hours...6:30am-12:30pm...we got lots of good stuff and I spent way too much money that we don't have. But I got lots of good stuff for Levi, camping, and to send to Kiernan. I'm starting to think having a girl wouldn't be the end of the world. We sure did find cute little shoes to send her. Have I mentioned how thankful I am for Valerie? (And Will and Kiernan? see Will, I didn't forget you!)

Diary, I had so much fun with Christi and Ryan, Quianna, Loralai, and Kieren!! Christi is an amazing Mom and I couldn't help but wish she lived closer so I could watch carefully how she and Brent are raising such kind, respectful, and wonderful girls. I know they're sinners and not perfect, but for being 2-5 years old, they're doing amazing!!

We came home, finally fed Levi, and had some lunch. Then the girls started the long trip home and Levi had a nap. He slept for 40 minutes and then cried for 20. He really needs to learn to sleep longer. You'd think he'd get tired of crying for so long...it was an hour the other day. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Levi wore blue jeans for the first time today Diary!! He looked so grown up and cute in his jeans and MN Twins onesie!!! Which lasted until he puked violently on himself. Mental note, spend the money to buy nice Carter's Bibs from now on, they are amazing and worth the extra moola!! It's hard to believe he's big enough to wear these onesies we bought when he was still in the NICU. I couldn't imagine then that he'd ever get this big. God is good.

So we had a wardrobe change and then some tummy time. Where Levi finally rolled over!! He went from his tummy to his back over 5 times!! How exciting!!!!

Now we're crying and fussing and getting ready to go for a walk. We're going to try to be in bed by 9pm. Well, Levi in bed by 9, us by 10pm...we'll see if that works. I'm contemplating letting Levi start sleeping on his belly for naps now that he can roll over. I wonder if he'd sleep better...

Well Diary, it's been a long and crazy and puky day. But I'm so thankful for good friends, a healthy baby, and a husband that makes my toes curl still!!

Until tomorrow,
Bethany

No comments: