Sunday, June 04, 2006

6 days 'till W-Day

It's official, 6 days from now I'll be a married woman. Somehow it seems like getting married suddenly changes your classification. I mean, sometimes I still feel very much like a young girl, but who really says a married girl? It just doesn't sound right. It's like marriage suddenly makes you a woman, although I know lots of women that I consider well a woman that aren't married. But I digress, because I'm rambling.

The important thing is, it's only 6 days until Wedding Day!

I got a call this afternoon from Bethany & Christa (friends from Pillsbury) and it was great to hear from them. Some days Pillsbury seems like so long ago, even though I was there only a little over 4 weeks ago. I've been emailing Val of course, but hadn't heard from anyone else, so that was really neat to hear from them.

I was getting pretty stressed out about the wedding a couple days ago, then I realized that's dumb, I'm going to be married at the end no matter what happens, so basically told myself to chill out and appreciate the man I'm marrying. And I do, it seems like a dream that I get to finally marry the man I love with all that I have. Andy is amazing, I could never have imagined such a huge blessing of a man in my life. Huge blessing, not a huge man that is.

Jenn & Christi have been huge helps the last few weeks with wedding stuff. They've continually reminded of things to do and brought up stuff I haven't thought of. Let alone the physical grunt work they've put in. So many people have helped in so many ways, it's such a blessing to me and Andy both.

Speaking of the man, I miss him! I haven't seen him since Tuesday morning and won't see him until Wednesday night. But then it's only a couple of days of craziness and he'll be my husband. Wow, in less than a week I'll be a Mrs., belonging to my husband. That's definitely a God-thing. It's so neat to think that a year ago May 31st I wrote an entry entitled "Where will May find us?" How was I to know that the next May would find me so close to my wedding day to such an amazing man of God. God truly knows what we need perfectly and gives abundantly above all I could ask or think.

I'm guessing this will be my last post until after the wedding, unless I feel the need to be poetic or long-winded. I'll try to post pictures of the wedding after we get settled into the apartment, but no promises. It'll be kind of weird having to go to the public library for all my internet needs, but probably a good thing. I'm very much looking forward to settling into my new home as Andy's wife. That's definitely a God-thing.
So take care and I hope to see some of you at the wedding.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Wedding!!!

Diana said...

Your wedding was VERY nice. You looked so beautiful. Congratulations!