Tuesday, May 10, 2011

While I'm Waiting

I'm not an incredibly patient person by nature. If you know my husband, you will see the irony in this. God gave me to a man who is very rarely in a hurry, who doesn't move real fast, is laid back, and is well, patient. But in being married to him, I've been forced to learn patience. Well, I've been forced to see I need to learn patience. I'm still not very patient.

I was always the kid that played pretend and imagined. I read books after books. I dreamed of "someday" and "somewhere". Good for learning, not so good for my childhood. I wanted to grow up more than anything. I wished aways some days I'd like to have back. I feel as though my childhood sped by so fast. And even as I watch my son grow so quickly, I still feel as though God has grabbed me, made me sit down, and enjoy and grow and learn.

Exactly one month from today, the 10th, Andrew & I will have been married for 5 years. That's crazy, it's gone so quickly, but yet, it's been sooooo long and somewhat slow. I don't know why our lives have looked the way they have these last 5 years, but I do know this. God has used this time to get my attention. While I'm forced to be patient and see, I have tasted that the Lord is good. (Psalm 34:8) Not because He's given me everything. Not because it's been perfect. Not because it's been bad either. But because He's made me wait and see.

So while we wait, I will let go of fear, and I will worship and serve in obedience.


No comments: