Friday, January 01, 2010

So this is the life of being Momma

If you haven't yet read our CaringBridge website, it's www.caringbridge.org/visit/levipreston

Levi Nathaniel Preston was born at 2:06pm, Friday, December 18, 2009.
He weighed 4 pounds 10 ounces and was 17 3/4 inches long.

The whole story is on our CaringBridge site.

But as of today, he weighs 5 pounds 8 ounces...he's growing sooo much!!

I can't wait to get my son home...I'm so homesick and sick of the hospital...this has kind of just hit me today, how anxious I am to just be home with my husband, son, and dog...no, we haven't forgotten about Dexter, we just have to reintroduce him into our lives slowly...mainly making sure he doesn't freak out about Levi.

I've been trying to decide if I would keep up this blog and Levi's site both, or what would happen, and I've decided I need to keep this blog up for my own sanity. Levi's CaringBridge site will be all about him and us, but this blog, will be my thoughts on life and motherhood and my honesty about our lives...so they'll be different I think. So if you want updates on Levi, read his site, for thoughts on my sanity, or lack thereof, read this! :-)

I can't believe how overwhelming it is to be Momma. I thought these first 2 weeks have been hard, now I'm looking at what it'll be like to be home and responsible for every feeding and how little sleep I thought I was getting now and how bad it'll be then. And yet I can't wait to be home...it's kind of a conundrum...

I am so thankful and amazed to be Momma...I can't believe the love and overwhelming emotions I have for Levi...everyone told me it would be like this, and yet, you don't know until you experience it.

Levi's middle name is Nathaniel, which means "gift of God" which is why we gave him that middle name. His conception, birth, and life are just a miracle, and given his week before Christmas birth, he really is our gift from God.

I would go through all this again just to have my precious Levi, but I am soooo ready to be home sleeping in my own bed without monitors dinging every time I pick my son up.

One more note, my husband is amazing. He makes no demands on me and fully respects and expects me to be here with our son. I love Andrew so much and am so thankful I don't have pressure from him to do this differently. God has given me more than I deserve. An amazing husband and getting healthier son.

Thank you Lord for these amazing blessings in this New Year.

No comments: