Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Are They Trying to Drive Me Bonkers?!

So I figured it out...way back when when they used to put people in straightjackets, etc...they weren't in them because they were crazy, they became crazy being in them.
Because really, any of us when confined to a small space against our wishes will in fact start to lose our minds.
I should know, I'm on my way.

I've just been informed that I again for the 3rd day in a row have to have continuous monitoring of the baby's heartbeat via an itchy gooey monitor on my belly. Which doesn't sound so bad, except that I'm already stuck in bed let alone being held to pretty much one position or then if you move you have to readjust the monitor to pick up the baby's heartbeat again...

You'd think if I was stuck in bed being hooked up wouldn't make that big of difference, but it does. Because then you literally can't do anything. UGH...
Every little bit of freedom is worth rejoicing over. And when it's taken away, you kind of want to cry and scream.

It's just extra frustrating because it doesn't seem like the doctors get the frustration. I get that it's for the baby's well being, but really, he's been fine and even monitoring every other hour would be better.

I JUST NEED A BREAK.

I'm considering being a bad patient and refusing to be monitored. But then my nurse mother and others, including my husband, would have my head.

So I'll pretend to be a good patient and just start chewing the bed rails or something...

No comments: