Wednesday, April 05, 2006

The Bride? Who Me?

I had my first official bridal shower last night, and no, it did not rain. My adopted "mom" from church here at school and the amazing 78 year-old lady I work with in AWANA had an absolutely perfect Bridal shower for me. It was so fun to have about 10 girls from school as well as our handbell director's wife and the librarian from school there. It was the perfect shower, the way you hope a shower will be. I felt special and so incredibly blessed the whole evening. They did the devotional around 12 different verses that we had to match the references to and I got to open a "present" for each one. They were anything from "joy" dish soap to a teddy bear (bearing with one another in love) to a calling card (you can always call on the Lord). It was so wonderful and sweet. It was such a blessing to be able to be counseled by these older Godly wives who have an amazing testimony of Godly marriages. Plus I got to wear flowers and eat ice-cream so those were extra bonuses. I got some really fun gifts as well. Overall it was just such an amazing blessing to be surrounded by people I love and enjoy and get laugh and almost cry together. Must be a girl thing, but definitely every girl's dream to get to be pampered like that. It hit me yesterday afternoon and again last night though, I'm officially the bride!
I knew I was getting married, but to now be the bride, wow that's pretty cool. It only happens once, at least it should, so I'm soaking it up. This engagement has been long, but I think we've hit the fun part. I starting to really enjoy the fun things about this wedding and getting married. It's close enough now that I can be really excited and anticipate it without rushing. So YAY for friends and fellowship. Now if I could just finish getting these invitations out...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bethy, I'm glad you had a special shower! :0) I love ya, girl. Hope school's going well for you! :0)